The official notification is out confirming the appointment of the new judges to the Supreme Court Bench. The honorable President made the appointment of the five Judges under Article 124 clause 2 of the Constitution of India. They are as follows:
- Rajasthan High Court Chief Justice Naveen Sinha,
- Madras High Court Chief Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul,
- Chhattisgarh High Court Chief Justice Dipak Gupta,
- Kerala High Court Chief Justice Mohan M Shantanagouder and
- Karnataka High Court judge Justice S Abdul Nazeer
The strength of the Supreme Court turns to 28 as against the prescribed strength of 31.